Planning a wedding can quickly take over your life. As a bride, every thought going through your mind always leads back to something wedding related. There comes a point where you need to make yourself take a TIME OUT and remember why you are planning this wedding in the first place…. you are in love. Your fiance didn’t realize what a monster he was creating when proposing and he too needs a break from listening to all the wedding plans. Remember to take time at least once a week when you have together time with him and during that time there is ZERO wedding talk!!! Below are a few fun date ideas I found while scouring the web this morning. (For the complete list check out the Six Sister’s Stuff Blog.)
- Be a tourist in your own city. Find what tourist attractions are in your city and spend the night acting like tourists, which includes taking cheesy pictures!
- Go to a thrift store. Each person gets $5 to spend! See who ends up with the best item(s)!
- Have a picnic. If the weather doesn’t permit, lay out a blanket on the floor and eat in the living room!
- Treasure hunting. Head to the ATM and get out $10-$20. Drive around to some local yard sales and see what you end up with! There are tons on the weekends!
- Volunteer. Sign up to volunteer at a soup kitchen, retirement home or somewhere that could use a helping hand!
- Take some lessons. Try taking a lesson for a couples dance, pottery or a cooking class!
- Write a bucket list. Make a list of things you want to do before you die and go do one to cross it off the list!
- House hunting. Tour some homes and plan out your dream home!
- Exercise together. Attend an exercise class at a local gym, take a walk or jog together or do something active! The Honeymoon is right around the corner!
- Take a drive. Get out of the house and take a drive. Take a look at nature or local scenery! Listen to all the songs that remind you why you are getting married in the first place.
Happy Date Nights!!